Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Buddhist Meditation Group in Peterborough, UK


I have been back a while now it seems, because I am looking for a new project - and I have found one.

The Cambridge Buddhist Centre made it known that they had received some inquiries from some people in Peterborough,UK, who wished to learn about Buddhism and or learn to meditate. It sounds like a great opportunity , so I have agreed to give it a shot.

I have so far managed to make contact with around half a dozen interested people in Peterborough and hope to start some advertising soon.

We have booked a room at the Quakers, Friends Meeting House in Peterborough, starting on Monday March 24th. It will be a weekly drop-in meditation class open to Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike. I feel both excited and a little nervous about taking this on.

I have already received offers of support from good friends in the community including Padmadeepa, Nagavira, Paul Wiseman and my old friend Jayamuni.

I intend to offer introductory meditation in the mindfulness of breathing and metta bhavana and general discussion and exploration around Buddhist topics and living a meaningful life in the west in the 21st century - particularly the corner known as Peterborough!

I have started a little web page to promote the new group. It can be found at:-

http://buddhistmeditationpeterborough.googlepages.com/home

No comments:

Reporting in from the Hermitage

Here is a copy of a reporting in that I prepared for our AHS Quarterly Journal (called Tendrel). As the journal is only available to member...