Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Back to Work

So here I am back in Cambridge, UK and back at work after around nine months of adventures. Firstly, six months at Gampo Abbey and then two pilgrimages back to back in India.

I am beginning to settle back into life here. It was a difficult transition at first and I often felt grouchy and dislocated.

Luckily, I am now back in the bosom of my old community (Bodhicharya community) in Newmarket Road. This is thanks to the generosity of Graham Denton who offered to move to a neighboring community to make space for me. Many Thanks! It feels good to be back here amongst good friends. I feel a sense of warmth, support and common purpose.

I am back working at windhorse:evolution a Buddhist team based right livelihood business/charity (not for profit organisation). My new role here is in the Retail Team. I am project managing the opening of five new evolution (fair trade giftware) shops this year. I handed over the first of these in Walsall, Birmingham, fully shop fitted to our merchandising team a few days ago and am now enjoying a quiet week or so before work starts on the next one.

I really appreciate having had the opportunity to take time out for more full time Dharma practice. I continue to review my long term plans but feel that a period of intensive practice every year or two would do me wonders.

It's been good being in touch with my friends at Gampo Abbey and many thanks to Ian for the photos. I miss you guys.

Love to All,
Jayasiddhi

No comments:

Reporting in from the Hermitage

Here is a copy of a reporting in that I prepared for our AHS Quarterly Journal (called Tendrel). As the journal is only available to member...